Thursday, June 14, 2007

Jail was definately an interesting experience...I have never been to a jail before, let alone with the inmates. However, my eyes were really opened to a different kind of life than I have ever observed before. These ladies have such real needs and they are so different from the needs of anyone I have been around before. I think that it will take some getting used to, but I feel like it will be so good for me to expose myself to this ministry and prayerfully be used of the Lord, to influence these ladies for Christ. I really look forward to be a part of it.
Not too much is going on right now. I have been keeping busy trying to do some cleaning and odds and ends. I have been able to write several people emails that I don't usually get around to doing so that has been nice as well. I like trying to keep up with people but I am not always so good at it as I would like to be.
Last night at church was a blessing..Pastor talked about how we need to pray as a church and a college that the Lord would give us the grace to continue in what God would have us to do. It would be easy to just stop all the pioneer groups and singing groups and have them come home, thinking it would keep them safe. However, God allowed us to begin these ministries and He hasn't called us to stop them. I pray that our church continues to press forward in the work of the Lord and all He has for us to do for Him.
Hopefully next I will be able to write about more exciting adventures that have happened..but until then, I will sign off. I hope that the Lord Jesus blesses you all with a splediliquent day :-)

3 comments:

sarah lauren said...

Cathy,

You are going to love the jail ministry. Those ladies just want to be loved like anyone else. Who better than yourself to share the love of Christ with them. I love you pal. I am thankful that I have such a close friend who loves the Lord so much!

Baba

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you had the great opportunity to be a blessing to those dear ladies in jail. After all, where would we be if it hadn't been for the Lord's grace and mercy in our own lives.

Wishing you a magnifical day,
Charity Faithe

Smiley said...

Neelhtac you have a big heart and i think you are the perfect person to join the jail ministry!! While i'm home i'm thinking of joining a couple of ministries myself. I am grateful to God for the blessing He has given me by allowing me to be a part of a church family. Its amazing to to watch a church family when they are showing the love of God! love ya! Nahnah