It has already been more than a week since I have updated my blog...hard to believe. I have been home now for almost a week and half and so far, have had a great time. When I got home last Wed. I went straight to the farm and got the mower and mowed our yard and also the grass around the pond too. Busy right away but really it has not been bad at all. I have got to do a lot of what I love the most....Mowing and raking hay! Out there in the middle of the field I have so much time to pray and think and occasionally sing at the top of my lungs!! Now those are fun times!! I have also been milking and helping my grandma clean in her house and I think I will be painting the garage for her as well before I leave.
I was also able to go to Columbus to a wedding of one of my friends from college. While I was there I was able to see a lot of friend that I had not seen in a long time so that was really nice.
Then, on Sunday through Wed. we had VBS at our church and I had the priviledge of teaching the 4-5 year old class. There were SO many of them each night and they were all so fun. I had the most wonderful helpers that helped me too...I never could have done it without them. It was really crazy every night because I would get there and right away have to write all their names down and then pin on their name tag and then go to the rally time for 20 minutes and then teach them for 20 minutes and then it was craft time for 20 min and then snack time for 20 minutes and finally the ending rally time where they were preached to. It was CRAZY but somehow we managed to get through it every night and had so much fun too, well at least by the end of the week we were having fun :-)
Oh I almost forgot, I went golfing for the first time ever, with my dad!! We had a blast and I didn't do too bad..good thing dad was there to give me lots of pointers because I had no idea what I was doing really. I ended up getting a 69 or something like that with mostly 7 hits per hole. However by the end, I actually got par and hit the ball farther than my dad, I must say that I was pretty pleased on that one.
So needless to say, I have had a very evenful week. I am so thankful for where I grew up and I am glad that I am able to be here for a while this summer. I know this is where the Lord wants me for now...
I would put pictures on here too but the computer that I am using is dial up so it won't upload pictures unless you give it like an hour..So you'll just have to wait until I go back to Tennessee for that.
8 comments:
Cathleen,
I miss you so much!! I am not looking forward to almost three weeks without you at home. Wish I could be on the farm too! Love you babe!!
Baba
neelhtac
i'm so glad your having a good time on the farm. I know, I know it would be better if i was there, but i'm sure you can have a little fun without me!!! I miss you lots!!
love nahnah
Hi Miss Henschen! So glad to have found your blog! We sure love you and look forward to keeping up with you in your blog!
Look at you blogging!!! You should have let me know. Since I never get to talk to you, maybe I can keep up with what you're doing this way. I'll have to show Braden your pictures. We're still wondering who our teacher will be next year!?!?
ap
Look at you blogging!!! You should have let me know. Since I never get to talk to you, maybe I can keep up with what you're doing this way. I'll have to show Braden your pictures. We're still wondering who our teacher will be next year!?!?
ap
Braden wants to know if you have any pictures of you milking the cows???
ap
Hi Cathy! I found your blog through a comment you left on the Pepins. I haven't looked too closely, but just browsed. I'm glad to be able to catch up with you!!
I think that it would be so much fun to live on a farm and milk cows and rake hay. I'd feel like Laure Ingles. I love that show.
Ginnie and I were talking about you the other day. I was wondering how you were doing and then I found out that you were blogging. Yeah!
I hope that you enjoy your family these last few weeks before school. They will all miss you, I'm sure, but we will be glad to have you back.
Post a Comment