Friday, July 04, 2008

The Badlands were so neat. It was such a vast area and it reminded us of the old western films. It was very rugged and some people say its like walking on the moon or something because the mountains are so different from anything else. I wanted to stay here longer...I would love to go back some day.
My Brother and Dad at the Badlands
The Badlands through our rearview mirror...cool pic I thought! Craig took this one.
Mom took this of the three of us, I thought it looked neat.
This is my favorite pic out in the Badlands...the cactus flowers are so pretty.
Mom and Dad
Mom and Kids at the Corn Palace...every thing made out of corn

I am sure that my family wanted to buy the whole jar for me :-)
I absolutely loved the Badlands...the scenery was so different from anything I have ever seen!

8 comments:

David and Rebekah said...

Hey, I have been to the Corn Palace... very interesting. Are you planning on stopping at Wall Drug? It's a must also. Looks like you are having a blast. Nice pic out the mirror BTW.

DAS

Empty Arms Held High said...

Hey...I've been there! Fun times on family vacations. Enjoy your summer!

Ski's Lady said...

We have been to Mitchell, SD! After driving all night and day, we stopped there on a Wednesday night to attend an Independent Baptist Church service. The pastor and his family were so sweet. They let us use their church showers (not sure if that was for our benefit or theirs! LOL!) and even invited us over to their house for supper! They had, I think, 10 kids all starting with the letter N. Real neat family!

Anonymous said...

CATHY!!!! Did you know you were like a hundred miles away from us on the 4th!!!! We were in Rapid City area on the third and fourth...I had no idea ya'll were coming out this way. That's really cool. We'll be seeing the Badlands next time we're in SD which is another two weeks. Sorry we missed. That would have been cool to hang out with ya'll for a bit.
Bri

Anonymous said...

When I was 13, we made a big, long trip out that way...the Badlands were my favorite part! So beautiful and so different. Awesome pictures...I look forward to seeing more.

Jennie Bender said...

So neat! I have never been out that way before! It is so beautiful; it must be amazing to see it in person!

Glad you are having such a great time!

Post more pics=) I am nosey=)

Anonymous said...

hey miss henchen
i love the pictures!!!! i went to Mt Rushmore when i was about 5 or around then!! i loved it!!! i hope u are having a good summer!!! praying for u
lauren hickmam

Joy said...

What fun! I love vacations. And ...those jaw breakers look SO good!