Wednesday, March 19, 2008


I am now at home AGAIN!! Since last post I went to state competition with our Bible Quizzers and we got third place! I was so happy for them. We were the first team in our school to place at state, so...GREAT job guys, you did so well.

Now it is spring break and I am enjoying being with my mom and dad. I am milking cows twice a day for my mom since she is still not able to walk on her foot. She had surgery and is still recovering. I went to a funeral today for my mom's cousin and it made me so thankful for how my parents raised me. It was a Catholic funeral and I had never been in a Catholic church before. It was so sad and a lot of ceremony. They just say all these prayers and hope and just assume that God will allow them to go to heaven. So I am just so thankful that I know the Lord personally and that I know where I am going when I die and it will not only be a sad time, but a happy time because I will be with my Savior!

I went to church tonight and they have done so much there to improve the church. The main doors are new and SOO nice. The carpet is no longer RED!!! I am so glad and it is now mauve and the pews are recovered and it looks SOOO nice. I was so glad. I always said I would not get married in there until they changed the carpet and so everyone said.."Ok Cathy, we changed the carpet, now you can get married :-)" They are so funny.

This weekend I plan to spend some time with JoHanna and also I am going to get to see my sister. My family will all be together for a little bit this weekend and that is going to be so fun.

Well I guess that is all for now...hope to hear from you!

4 comments:

Smiley said...

hey i'm so glad you all get to be together this weekend! that will be so much fun! bern and my parents stopped in wednesday on their way to maine and had lunch with us. we had a good time. i know you're enjoying your time home, but i can't wait for you to get back!!! miss you!!!! love nahnah

The French Family said...

I am glad that you are home and get to spend time with the family. The church doors look awesome. Be careful on your way home!!

Tom & Kandice Keegan said...

Hey Cathy! It was so good to see you, JoHanna, & Erin on Saturday! I would love it if one of you guys could send me a picture from the Cheesecake Factory if you get a chance. My email is tomandkandice@yahoo.com. Love ya!

Kandice

Stephanie Fowler said...

Cathy - glad you had a good time at home. The church doors look so nice!