Family vacation, I am so excited!!! We are finally going on a family vacation. The first summer vacation as a family since I left for college I believe....Six years. We are planning to go to Missouri and a few other places out that way. It is just for the long weekend but it will be fun I'm sure. So far this week hasn't been too eventful. I did go to Jamie Lendo's wedding near Toledo and it was just beautiful. She was a beautiful bride as we all knew she would be. I will probably put a few pictures up when i get back to Tennessee. I might just do a post with several pictures of what I did during the summer..who knows...we'll have to see. Anyway I was able to see several friends that I haven't seen in quite some time so that was nice too.
Life on the farm is still going good. My grandparents are so cute. We were getting ready to pour cement today and we were waiting on the truck. As we sat there grandpa began tell my brother and I how everything was he was younger and how they did everything and where they did it and how everything has changed so much. It was just precious. I want to record him telling some of his memories as a child and also all those memories he talks of when he was in world war 2. I just think that is something we would cherish one day.
Well, that is all for now. I am sure I will let everyone know how the vacation goes. I hope that all is going well for you. I am praying for you all. Lately several new people have found my blog and it has been so fun hearing from you! Thanks!
5 comments:
So thankful to hear that life on the farm is going well! And I bet you're ever so thrilled to be going on vacation...love vacations! Make sure you do the most important thing...relax!! Have a most wonderful time with your family. I am praying for you, Cath!
Love you much and much!!!
NEELHTAC I'M SOO GLAD YOU GET TO GO ON VACATION!!!! I'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THAT YOU HAVE A WICKED GOOD TIME!!! LOVE YA!! NAHNAH
I hope your vacation goes great! I love vacation!! Please post pictures of Jamin Lendo. I would love to see how she looked. She would look pretty anyway. :)
I love to listen to my grandparents talk about their past. when grandparents know they are being recorded, they aren't as natural, but we used a mp3 player. since it was so small, they didn't notice it and we got some precious memories to keep forever.
have fun on your vacation. see you in Tennessee soon. :)
For several years, I've been wanting to record my grandmothers' memories from the past 80+ years. I just never think to get prepared ahead of time and I so rarely get to see them! Maybe next time I'm there for a visit...anyway, hope you had a great vacation!
ap
Post a Comment